“MOM ALWAYS SAID…”
- Drink a warm glass of milk to help you go to sleep, ESPECIALLY if we had a test the following day at school
- Drink your milk to build strong bones
- If you don’t want to go to the Dentist, drink all your milk (this one, and the beautiful one, were the two that really “motivated” me to drink more than one glass of milk at a time” hahaha)
I always wondered how she knew so much, now that I’m a mom I know. You DON’T know, you just know that you want the best for your kids. You make sure they eat healthy, that they get a good nights sleep, that you keep up with their homework, make sure you have contact with their teachers and you keep them busy.
- Muscles – One tall glass of cold milk will help you re coop from a work out! (Football puts a beating on the muscles, which is why I try and incorporate milk into all their meals if not more!)
- PMS – A diet high in calcium will help alleviate PMS symptoms, women who have at least 1200mg of Calcium, have reported that within 3 months they experienced, less mood swings and irritability. They no longer feel depressed or experience back pain. (This is a win/win all around don’t you think?)
- Bones – Drinking at least 3 glasses of milk a day will help with considerably reducing the risks of bone disease and bone fractures.
- Beautiful Hair, Skin and Nails – Due to it’s content of Protein, Lipids, Calcium, Vitamin A, B6, biotin and potassium, these work together to give you soft, shiny hair, longer and stronger nails, plus it helps give skin a healthy glow. (Guess Mom was right about that one!)
Check out California Milk‘s site, to find even more benefits, yummy recipes and cool videos. Plus, if you like to read in español, you’re in luck, que suerte! Toma Leche, es parte del sitio California Milk! Enterate porque la leche es tan importante! Tambien, dales un “LIKE” en su pagina Facebook. Check out their Facebook page, keep up with all things Milk! Or follow them on twitter @tomaleche
RECUPERA TUS MÚSCULOS
Un rico vaso de leche luego de hacer ejercicio ayuda a tus músculos a recuperarse. La leche contiene proteínas tales como caseína y suero que pueden ayudar a que se recuperen los músculos después de una actividad física. Además tiene minerales que son importantes para prevenir los calambres musculares. Prueba la leche chocolatada para una …