MOM TO MOM WISDOM
Post by Xenia, raisedbyculture.com Original post here
My mama always said breakfast is the most important meal of the day. She insisted that me and my siblings eat before school and on the weekends. That mom wisdom stuck with me and hopefully I passed it down to my boys. Crossing my fingers!
These are my (with a little help from my mom) 5 keys to help my kids have a successful day at school:
- Start every morning with breakfast – my sons breakfast of choice is a glass of milk and waffles, cereal or a banana with milk. And thank goodness, do you know the benefits of milk? Research has shown that calcium in milk can help reduce cavities when combined with brushing and flossing. Vitamin A, B6, biotin and potassium work together to keep hair soft and shiny, and all are in a glass of milk. Milk is still the best way to get your daily dose of calcium for bones.
- Snack on fruits and veggies – all you can eat! My sons never turn down fruits and veggies, I keep the kitchen stocked up with their favorites.
- Stay active – growing kids should exercise at least 60 minutes a day! Milk contains proteins such as casein and whey that can help rebuild muscles after physical activity.
- Cut down on tv and internet time – all electronics need to be turned off an hour before bed.
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night – lack of sleep impairs memory, when you sleep well, you wake up in a better mood.
These shots were totally unstaged but so perfect. He’s a natural!
My littlest. His future is bright.
Higher education is important, I want my kids to envision a future that includes college!
RECUPERA TUS MÚSCULOS
Un rico vaso de leche luego de hacer ejercicio ayuda a tus músculos a recuperarse. La leche contiene proteínas tales como caseína y suero que pueden ayudar a que se recuperen los músculos después de una actividad física. Además tiene minerales que son importantes para prevenir los calambres musculares. Prueba la leche chocolatada para una …